Gloster Javelin FAW7 delivered to the RAF 7/10/1957
It was used in 1959 for Firestreak/Red Top trials and then later that year it was converted to FAW9. In July 1962 refueling capability was added and it was designated an FAW9R
It served then with 23 Squadron, at RAF Horsham-Saint Faith as “V”, from 1964 with 29 Squadron, on Cyprus as “K”, where it was deployed to Zambia in 1966.
On return from Africa it was put into storage at RAF Shawbury in may 1967. A year later it was sold for scrap to Pinbrand Metals.
(Image – Jet Age Museum)