Gloster Meteor F8 Serial WH3644
WH364 served with 601 Squadron between 1952 and 1957, then with the station flights at Safi, Takali and Idris. It last served with 85 Squadron, retiring in 1971 and going on the gate at RAF Kemble the following year.
Twenty years later it was bought by Eddie and Paul Brown of Meteor Flight, but when they abandoned plans to get it flying again it was bought by former Gloster test pilot and Jet Age patron Peter Cadbury for the museum.
Initially stored at Kemble, where it was restored for us by a team led by Paul Brown, it now has pride of place in the museum’s display hanger.